Follow me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday 20 March 2014

Beamish

Today we went to Beamish which is an open air museum situated in the North of England. I absolutely love the place it really is like travelling back in time. I would recommend anyone to go whether they're aged 1 to 101 its great and there is something for everyone! As its still classed as winter opening times here in the UK the entry was cheaper than usual as some areas weren't open to public yet, we paid £8.75 each today but the normal entry fee is £17.50 per adult however this is for a ticket which allows you to return as many times as you wish for a whole year and includes all the tram/bus/locomotive rides throughout the visit. I feel that even the full price when everything is open is fair and definitely worth it. We took lots of snaps on our way round here's some of them. And some that David took and edited :)



Our "pull your ugliest face" competition lol



The old school



Shetland ponies!







not the best cake iv had!

3 of me? spooky!
One thing I will say is that I would advise taking a picnic or something as the tearoom situated in the old town is pretty pricey and I was not impressed with the food. especially the carrot cake pictured above which in all honesty tasted older than the museum itself! The tearoom is great for a cuppa but not so much for food in my opinion however it was very busy so each to their own ey :) My favourite part of Beamish is the old town where you can walk round old houses, a dentists, the carriage horse stables, bakery, different shops and everyone's favourite the sweet shop where you can buy old fashioned sweets and watch them make cinder toffee! All in all its a brilliant day out for all the family and there really is something for everyone to enjoy. Have any of you been to Beamish before? What's your favourite part?
Annie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment