Follow me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday 18 March 2014

A day out in Newcastle

So last Sunday we set off on a day trip to Newcastle, the main reason behind the trip was to go to an event at the metro arena called Comic Con. Now its not really my bag grown men dressed up as comic characters and obsessing over films and comics but my boyfriend fancied going to see what it was like - so off we went. To be honest on arrival I could tell we were like fish out of water, for a start we weren't dressed up haha! But I have to admit it was actually a pretty funny couple of hours and we both enjoyed it, there was all sorts of stalls and loads of people dressed up as characters and TV stars and I take my hat off to them for their efforts! I didn't take any photos but here is one David took at the convention. (its of some car from some film lol)
So after the comic experience we decided we would walk into Newcastle town centre and visit The Life Centre as there was a Lego exhibit on with huge models which were pretty impressive!
Can you believe this is made totally out of Lego! 
I have been to the Centre for life before a lot of years ago on a school trip but its nothing like I remembered. The Lego stuff was fab but the rest of the museum was very much aimed at younger children in my opinion which wasn't a problem really but we found it difficult to spend more than an hour in there. Entry for adults was £8.25 which isn't bad these days for a admission to a museum and children under 2 go free. I think if you have younger children (under 12) its a fab place to have a day out and explore but for the older children/adults its definitely not a full day activity, but still worth a look if your in the area. By far my favourite part of the Life Centre was the cakes in the cafe they were delish! Heres some snaps of them!
Yum!

Lego icing :)

This is clearly his most sincere cheese face haha!

Cute girly cake for me :)
So then after two "Boyish" activities I got to hit the shops (insert huge happy face here). Newcastle have a pretty good selection of shops compared to out nearest shopping centre so I was feeling like a child in a sweet shop! But after hours trailing round I couldn't really find anything I wanted needed so I came away with very little. A new electric toothbrush (exciting I know) A bottle of Estee Lauder double wear foundation in Ecru and a new mug from Next (I'm clearly getting old!) All in all we had a lovely day and will definitely be returning for another look round the shops soon.
What's your favourite shop?
Annie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment